30 January 2012

My Current Favourite 3rd Level Airline


Golden Bay Air is an airline that really interests me. They have worked hard to carve out a niche for themselves and seem to be doing really well. While in Wellington last week I wanted to get a really nice pic of their Seneca ZK-ZAG looking down on it so I could get the titles. So on the road from Paraparaumu at 6.30 a.m. (yawn - this was supposed to be a holiday) to avoid the rush hour traffic and get into Wellington for the arrival of the 8.40 am flight from Takaka.

Problem No. 1 - a northerly wind so not good for getting pictures from the northern observation car park!

No problem - to the terminal...

Problem No. 2 - the shade!

The worst kind of desparation shot... The sort of angle I wanted - but I wanted sun - this light is awful!!!
A desparate search for a better position to get a shot in the sun...

Better, but not quite side on and Mr Jetstar, can you move your Airbus?
Ok, maybe as it taxis for 34, a real distant shot, but...

Problem 3. It taxied for the other side of the airport instead of taxi-ing to 34!

Mutter, mutter, mutter... he said thinking the wind had changed and I should have been at the car park at the northern end of the runway... no wait, he's taxi-ing to the far side...
So feeling a little better that I hadn't missed the perfect shot a quick sprint to the car - and up to the car park...

just in time as ZK-ZAG heads home to Takaka

After visitng friends I noticed the wind had changed so back to the airport to catch ZK-ZAG back for the first of two afternoon flights...

...still can't get those titles!
So, I still haven't got the perfect shot Richard! The joys of plane spotting. Maybe next time I'm in the capital!

All photos taken at Wellington on the 25th of January 2012 by S Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment