15 May 2013

25 Years Ago - 15 May 1988 - North Island Road Trip - Wellington and Paraparaumu

A dreary day at Wellington but with a few interesting aircraft..

Britten Norman Islander VH-SBH at Wellington prior to becoming ZK-SFE with Soundsair 
Skyferry were using Beech Excalibur ZK-SFC on Cook Strait services. For a time this aircraft also operated a service to the Chatham Islands. 
Cessna 185 ZK-CHK...  Am I imaging things, but did this aircraft operate for a time with Skyferry when they first started? My memory is of a TV report on when Skyferry first started and it had Skyferry titles  
A classic Cessna 180 - ZK-CWK
 The day was better out at Paraparaumu...

Both Associated Air's Cessna 402s ZK-DSB and ZK-KAN were home,

Lake Buccaneer ZK-DQM was looking pretty sharp.
Cessna 172 Hawk XP, ZK-ELO
 The Kapiti Aero Club's Grumman American AA-5A Cheetah ZK-DLI

The mainstay of the training fleets out at Paraparaumu was the  Cessna 152... I captured  quite a few.... ZK-ELA
ZK-ELS
ZK-ETD
ZK-FGD
ZK-FGU
ZK-FLC
ZK-FPI
ZK-JBL

2 comments:

  1. Cessna 185 ZK-CHK... Am I imaging things, but did this aircraft operate for a time with Skyferry when they first started?

    I have ZK-CHK as owned by Cliff Marchant from 8/12/1980 to 9/10/1990, so I would say yes you are right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know if it carried Skyferry titles??? I have a vague recollection of a new clip with it carrying Skyferry titles but I have never seen a picture of it as such.

    ReplyDelete